SHCHS iRAP 2020/2021

For the Gr 10 portion of my portfolio, I decided to add in art I did for Religion iRAP. It was meant to be a way to introduce yourself and an artist as a person.

[A excerpt from a write-up I had to do]

How did the whole process go? What connections did you make to the course material learned in this unit? To your life? To other disciplines and/or areas of interest?

It was a bit hard trying to figure out what to do, as visual art is really the only medium I’m comfortable with. But despite this, I think it turned out well. I used media art to prop the traditional drawing I did because I felt like it would look best that way, and it was something I wanted to try out. I chose music as my other discipline because it has always been something I’ve been interested in, and I had also thought of an idea that I liked and felt fit the assignment. I would say that this somewhat relates to why I joined the iRAP program because, as I mentioned before, visual art is my comfort zone, but I do wish I was more proficient in other forms of art. This program, for me, seemed like an excellent way to do that.